Remarkable leaders have great faith in their vision and their employees. They listen intently, they encourage others and they’re honest.
Rosalynn Carter said, “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.”
Each year, Greenhouse Management and Nursery Management, with the support of Syngenta, honor six green-industry professionals who exemplify the leadership qualities needed to inspire and empower those around them and who work toward the betterment of the entire industry.
Who in the industry has inspired you?
Nominate them for a Horticultural Industries Leadership Award!
HILA is the only North American awards program to recognize recipients’ exemplary contributions to the horticulture industry, such as:
- contributing to its development with their innovation and expertise
- excelling in environmental stewardship
- enhancing the lives of employees, customers, communities and the industry at large with their charitable giving
- making a positive impact on the industry
“The green industry is full of considerate and compassionate people who care deeply for their employees, their community and their colleagues,” says Kelli Rodda, editorial director. “It’s a tremendous privilege to not only honor these industry leaders, but to learn and share their stories each year.”
“The HILAs provide a perfect opportunity to acknowledge the efforts of extraordinary individuals in our industry,” says Nick Collins, publisher. “We want to thank our long-time sponsor, Syngenta, for their continued support in helping bring the HILAs to the greenhouse and nursery markets.”
The 7th annual Horticultural Industries Leadership Awards will be presented at a reception at Cultivate’23 in Columbus, Ohio.
Go to http://hila.hortgroupevents.com to read about the previous seven years of recipients.
Explore the January 2023 Issue
Check out more from this issue and find you next story to read.
Latest from Nursery Management
- Taking Root Scholarship offered for tenth year
- UF/IFAS scientists grow quality caladium varieties
- Longwood Gardens to acquire du Pont estate
- Horticultural Research Institute launches second year of HRI Leadership Academy
- Scapify offers e-commerce solution for growers
- CANERS student scholarship applications now open
- The Peters Company Lean Leader Course launches in February
- Proven Winners ColorChoice Oso Easy Urban Legend rose earns honors at AGRS trials