Proven Winners has scheduled its next Proven Winners Landscape Roadshow on Wednesday, Aug. 24, 2022, at the Cincinnati Botanical Garden & Zoo. The day-long educational event is co-sponsored by the Ohio Green Industry Association (OGIA) and is open to all landscape professionals.
The morning’s program includes Proven Winners experts highlighting the newest Proven Winners annuals, perennials, woody ornamentals and Heart to Heart Caladiums. After a catered lunch, Steve Foltz, the Zoo’s longtime director of horticulture, will share what makes the landscape showcase so important to the success of the Cincinnati Zoo. Foltz and Scott Beuerlein, the Zoo’s manager of botanical garden outreach, will conclude the day with a walking tour of the Zoo Botanical Gardens and the new Rockdale Academy Learning Garden.
This Landscape Roadshow qualifies for CEU Credits with the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD), Ohio Green Industry Association (OGIA), and Indiana Nursery & Landscape Association (INLA).
More information and registration can be found at https://provenwinnerspros.provenwinners.com.
Additionally, all attendees are encouraged to attend the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden’s Plant Trials Day the following day, Thursday, Aug. 25. Scheduled is a full day speakers talking about many of the Zoo’s best plants. This year’s program will feature Dan Hinkley, Janet Draper and other top speakers to be announced soon. Both in-person and virtual tickets are available at https://cincinnatizoo.org/horticulture/horticulture_events/
Pre-registration is required for both events.
Latest from Nursery Management
- Taking Root Scholarship offered for tenth year
- UF/IFAS scientists grow quality caladium varieties
- Longwood Gardens to acquire du Pont estate
- Horticultural Research Institute launches second year of HRI Leadership Academy
- Scapify offers e-commerce solution for growers
- CANERS student scholarship applications now open
- The Peters Company Lean Leader Course launches in February
- Proven Winners ColorChoice Oso Easy Urban Legend rose earns honors at AGRS trials